I have been baking cookies as long as I can remember from rural Massachusetts to urban California and these Peanut Butter Cookies are the absolute best I have ever had.
- 1 large egg (I was scarred as a child by an egg with a partially formed baby chick inside so I never use real eggs, instead I used the equivalent amount of Lucerne's Best of the Egg)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I used a mix of white and raw sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy this time)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I doubled this up from 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips (these replaced the 1/3 cup of crushed nuts from the original recipe)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium to large bowl, mix together the egg, sugar, and baking soda until it's smooth and well blended. Spoon in the peanut butter. Mix well. Add the vanilla. Mix and stir in the peanut butter chips.
Scoop out tablespoon sized balls of dough. Place about an inch or so apart. Use a fork to press down slightly on each one.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Makes about 20 ridiculously yummy cookies.