|My very own guest pass!|
Upon entering the main room, I was immediately sucked into a giant screen showing a teaser for a new Star Wars game. I was stopped dead in my tracks, lost in the amazing graphics and detail and in a moment I knew I was among my people - this was home (like a U2 concert).
|So many gamers.|
Thankfully, I took some photos and made notes of my favorite games before my battery died. (I am absolutely positive I missed stuff - impossible to cover E3 in a day so if I missed something that you saw at E3, please, share - or not, y'know, whatever floats your boat. It's all good.)
|My friend demos Daedalus 3D.|
- Blacklight Retribution - not a game demo, just a walk-through, but, man, the graphics were intense.
- Darkness II - never got a chance to play, but the monster looked wicked.
- Dead Island - I was most impressed by this game - again, I did not get to play myself, but my friend did (it was a console game demo; I'm a PC gamer) and, man, it was just the most realistic in terms of how you'd think fighting a zombie would be. And you can throw teddy bears (or whatever you can get your hands on) at them and they react. Plus you're on a freaking island. Like Fulci's Zombie or the end of James Gunn's Dawn of the Dead.
- Elder Scrolls - All I saw was a trailer, but, man, it looked cool.
- Name Unknown - I cannot for the life of me remember the title and my battery had already died, but it was a Japanese game called Dream something with beautiful, sparkling, fantasy animation.
- All games with Kinect - Ok here's the thing - gaming consoles are not intuitive to me like a mouse - I know that most PC gamers are all about keyboards but I DO NOT TOUCH TYPE so the whole W A S D thing doesn't really work for me so most games that use that, I suck at BUT still love playing. (If all I need is a mouse for control, walking, running, crouching, etc, I rock the house!)
- Vindictus - I enjoyed this game so much, I just may need to learn how to touch type. Yes, I'm serious I am a writer who would only learn to touch type to enhance my gaming skills. (As a side note: I told that to Jeremy and he said, "That's the only way I ever imagine you learning it." Haha!)
- Daedalus 3D - Awesome 3D game - LOVED it. Again, though, same problem with moving (WASD) but looked cool and I enjoy first-person shooters.
|Free wig with Kinect demo.|
The Kinect changes all that! With Kinect YOU are the controller, so it's hassle free once you get the movement down. Also, it's crazy good exercise. I was sweating and my heart was pumping wicked fast. I know it's not brand new, but it's new to me and the first time I ever got to play with Kinect was at E3 (my RL friends just don't game mostly, especially the girls - man, I wish I had more RL girlfriend gamers).
Anyhoo, so I played this game the name of which I now cannot for the life of me recall - it may not have even been a game booth, just a Kinect booth so maybe it's the game that comes with it - REGARDLESS I am in love with Kinect!
So, now I need to find some spare money so I can get an Xbox and Kinect and Kinect Star Wars, which, OMG, looks like the coolest game ever!
|Zachary Levi demos Kinect Star Wars.|
End all be all, I totally have to find a way to go back to E3 in the future.
|I have no idea what this game is.|
And then I got my very own pet collar...
My E3 experience now complete.
Oh, and I also jumped in a bouncy castle.